Thursday, July 01, 2010

Is love alone enough?

Yes! 
Most definitely...
It has to be...


"Love alone lightens every burden, and makes rough places smooth. It bears every hardship as though it were nothing, and renders all bitterness sweet and acceptable."

Thomas A Kempis
I stumbled across this quote today and it is so, so true.
 
I know that it is early days. I know that the enormity of our recent news is still to hit me, to hit my husband and my family. I know that the ripples will be felt far and wide amongst my friends and community. I know that life feels so surreal at present and I so wish that I could wake now from this dream, but I am holding on tight to the love that my husband and my children so adoringly give to me.  The love that I feel for them, so real, profound and infinite, in return gives me strength: it reminds me that I am alive; that surreal as this moment is, I am living it, feeling it and that this isn't a dream.  I believe that love will indeed save us and lighten our burden as we learn to take each day as it comes.

1 comment:

LittleMamma said...

Hi Ever Hopeful, I am reading this because I was looking to find the start of your story. I'm commenting so you can read this post back to yourself too and remember that 'yes, love is enough'.

And here's another hug for good measure too (hug) xx