Friday, July 16, 2010

Low and Empty...

I'm low. 

I feel drained and so very empty today, totally overwhelmed by the events, the busyness of this week. 

I have tried to seek out some quiet time today, set aside time for a sanity break, but, instead I became consumed by form-filling (why do the DWP have to make their Disability Living Allowance application forms so complicated? And I am a well educated woman...) and anxiety...

It is sometimes difficult to break this feeling of emptiness and sadness... to distract myself I wandered over to Kelle Hampton's wonderful blog "Enjoying the small things"...


... she is truly inspirational and I've been following her since before Eilidh's diagnosis, but more about that another time... and there she was struggling too with her ebb in creativity and zest...

Today she reminded to taking nothing for granted, to be grateful for all that I have and do and see... sometimes I forget to feel grateful and in those moments I'm probably not experiencing life fully.  I need to be more conscious of all that is important to me and be thankful for them...


"As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world."
Terri Guillemets

No comments: