Sunday, July 04, 2010

Spiritual Sundays

I am a Christian but my faith is not strong. 

I would say that I am spiritual.  I am more comfortable about saying that and sharing this fact about me with others (perhaps it's because in this day and age we are generally more comfortable with the term "spiritual" than "Christian"?).

What is even more true is that I am reflective or introspective. I observe myself: I examine my own feelings and, in a spiritual sense, my soul too. As a result I grow mentally and spiritually - or at least that is what I hope for.

I have found myself reflecting far more than usual over the last few weeks.  Perhaps as a form of self preservation since we got the news about Eilidh's diagnosis of spinal muscular atrophy.  I feel the need to grow before this pain inside of me tears me apart or drives me insane.

I hope to continue to reflect and grow throughout this journey, not only to benefit myself but also my family. I strongly believe that my spiritual well being is paramount and that I can heal myself and my family.  I can not claim to physical healing but to the spiritual healing that will allow us to take each day as it comes.

I am a Christian. I believe in God and I know that He walks with my family. I put my children in to His trust as soon as they became a possibilty.  I am yet to put my own trust in Him. Today I met a man called Joel - perhaps he will help?

So, Sundays are my spiritual days and perhaps I'll share them with you here. Perhaps I'll talk of church and God, of His mercy and His grace. Or perhaps I'll reflect and grow...

This is part of who I am. It's part of who my family are.
And when it comes down to the bare bones of it all, it's all about LOVE.
The glorious love of God and the love I have for my family...

No comments: