Thursday, August 05, 2010

He's a good egg...

... my brother.
He brings sunshine into my life.
Quite literally.
Sunflowers for the Mac girls arrived this week.
Yellow, glorious, sun emitting flowers...
They make us all smile as the light summer rain falls upon us.


a little ray of sunshine

We haven't always been the best of friends.
We fought like cat and dog all through school.
It was only when I left for uni that things got better.
It was only when I left for Aotearoa and returned home that I realised he had grown in to a man.

Yes, he's loud and arrogant, confident and proud;
But underneath he is sensitive and kind and loving.
He is always there for me and I know that he always will be.
I do not doubt the love he has for me.

He is my brilliant, wonderful brother.
I am so, so grateful that he is my brother - all mine!
And I love him so much

x

p.s. thank you for sending us our glorious of sunshine... and there is always sunshine tomorrow too...


there is always tomorrow...

 This beautiful and vibrant print is by Bianca Hall at "Kiss her" (http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/) - it makes me smile everytime I look at it.  I now covet her "Silence is Golden" screenprint which is handfinished with diamond dust... every moment of silence in this home is welcomed and treasured, but these moments are few and far between - the joy of a family home full of love!

No comments: