Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Rock-a-bye baby

Eilidh struggled to fall asleep last night
so I lifted her from her cot
and brought her downstairs
to cuddle on the sofa.
She looked at me with her wide hazel-green eyes,
shrugged her shoulders,
wrinkled her nose -
just like her sister often does -
and smiled her cute smile.
I cuddled her 
and Bella-Bear in closer;
inside I could feel my heart-breaking.
My body aching for her.
I would do anything for her
to take this SMA away.
I will do anything for her
to make her life as beautiful as it can be...

It's been so long since I cuddled in close with her and watched her fall asleep, her heavy lids drawing to a close on her day.

She is so, so precious and I love her infinitely.

I would like to spend some more quality time with her.  I sometimes feel that I've never really had the chance to get to know her as well as I did with Niamh at the same age.  Life is just so much busier with two and I don't seem to be able to steal away time with her.

Last night reminded me that it's important to spend time with my girls independently, building foundations of love, strength, security, hope and happiness upon which we can build our family.

So, Eilidh-Bear we're going to be having some quality time together.
Even when there is nothing left to give, I love you with all of my heart, Eilidh.
xxx

No comments: