Monday, September 06, 2010

Home sweet home!

Oh, how I have longed to say this...
We have a home.
We have bought a house!
Whoopee!


"The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned."

Maya Angelou

 
For two years now we have been looking for a home to settle down in.
To feel safe and secure in.
To raise our children in.
 
I have been yearning for this moment, perhaps more than David.  Is it a girl thing?  A maternal instinct?  I'm not sure, but I firmly believe that "Home is where the heart is".
 
In my home, I am safe and secure.  No one asks questions of me.  I am me and my home reflects that.  Wherever it is.  Over the years I have come to realise that it doesn't matter what the house looks like or where it is - well, to a certain extent!  It is what is inside that matters, that counts, that makes it a home.  Any house can be my family's home for we will live within the walls and fill the house with love and joy, laughter and silliness for years to come.
 
We have bought a house - whoopee! whoopee! whoopee! 
And soon we will have a home...

No comments: