Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Peer sadness...

Coffee with a friend this afternoon - yes, I know...
Motherhood is just one long coffee morning...


catherine colebrook's mugshot

Coffee and a catch-up with a friend - the first one we've had since Eilidh's diagnosis.  The first time seeing her little boy, who is only 3 weeks younger than my little girl, since SMA came into our lives...

It was difficult.  Eilidh's little peer... and he was trouble personified! So able and active and cheeky.  Running and jumping, climbing and rolling.  Wee Clarks shoes with lights flashing with his every footstep.  Exploring his world. Toddling around.  Challenging himself.

It made me sad.  I miss having a toddler getting in to trouble: I wish that I had cherished Niamh's troublesome toddler years.  I know that Eilidh will have wheeler fun and bump into things and finally be able to reach up high and pull things down and chase after her sister.  I know that she will be able to make her own mayhem but for today I am allowing myself to mourn for my toddler lost... 


No comments: