Saturday, September 18, 2010

Snoring, snoring, snoring...

Now everyone snores...
Go on, just admit it!
I snored very, very loudly when I was pregnant...
D snores very quietly and gently... or at least that's what he likes to think!
Eilidh grunts and snores and sighs...
Everyone snores...

But as I expected - I am a doctor after all - Eilidh has Obstructive Sleep Apnoea which was confirmed by an overnight oxygen monitor on Monday. It isn't too significant but they are recommending a referral to ENT for a tonsil and adenoidectomy.  Eilidh has huge benign tonsils and that,  coupled with the lower power in her muscles of respiration just makes breathing a little bit more of a struggle when she is fast asleep and dreaming. 

Isn't it funny that we make so much noise when we are asleep and deeply content?

And on that note... I'm off to bed, to sleep the sleep of the blessed and, perhaps, snore a little bit too...
Night, night...
x

No comments: