Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The sun is shining...

and I have an afternoon to myself.
I need to
live
each
day
as
it
comes
and be
so
very
grateful...

I have worked in Palliative Care - it's probably where I was most happiest in my work. 
People struggle with that concept...
Happy surrounded by death?
But Palliative Care is infinitely more than death.
It is about caring for the living and their families and friends.
It is about help control their symptoms, their pain.
Pain is not physical but also spiritual too.
It's about helping a patient achieve as good a death as possible.
For a good death is possible...

Why this post today?
I have just finished a book that looks at illness in a child.  It's not the first time that I have read it and it won't be the last. It touches me in such a tender and memorable way.   It will uplift you and move your soul, reminding you to live every moment of your life, no matter the time that you have left on this beautiful planet.


by Eric-Emmanuel Schmitt

No comments: