Monday, October 04, 2010

Head Whizzing

I think that I have too much on.
Too much going on in my head.
Too much to think about,
To do,
To plan.
Too much;
Just too much.
It feels so endless.
I wonder if this is what life will be like now?
But you know what?
It's a labour of love.
Living.
Nurturing.
Loving.

And there is so much going on...

The Whizzy Wheels Fund went live last week and despite the blog getting fewer and fewer page views over the week we have still managed to raise over £6000 which is totally awesome.

It is interesting to see who has donated and who has not, and who has donated what amount.  I realise that it in no way reflects on how well a person knows us or how much the person may love us; I believe that they are donating what they can to a cause that they know to be good or close to their heart.  People, in the main, are sincere, good, kind and very generous, and I am grateful to each and every one.

Eilidh has been getting used to travelling in style in her Panthera Micro.  She has been mischievous to a fault, getting up to the nonsense you would expect any toddler to be doing... chasing her sister, pulling things off tables, sticking fingers in sockets, touching hot radiators, guttling in toilet bowls, pulling saucepans out of cupboards and generally leaving a trail of destruction in her wake.  Some parents would be annoyed by this but me?  I am delighted and am cherishing these minx-like moments because, at last, Eilidh is independent!  Hooray! 

We have a barrage of hospital visits this week... Occupational therapy (no, not community OT - we are still on a year long waiting list "Eilidh is currently 30 in the waiting list. Please phone back in the New Year").  Neurology with Dr Neuron and the MDC fairy godmother.  ENT to sort out the snoring problem...  oh, I so wish that I didn't mind going up to the Hospital - but that's a whole different story...

And tomorrow we have the "Paper" coming to do an interview... I'm rather uncomfortable about being in the papers... mainly, I have to be honest, because I don't want my slummy mummy photo in it - why, oh why can they not just put some photos of my beautiful girls in?  I wanted to be in a broadsheet but apparently, no, they only have somewhere in the region of 30 to 50,000 readers compared with the "Paper" which has over 300,000.  How can my wee blog compare?  It can't.  We need to get Eilidh's story out there both to raise money for her Whizzy Wheels but also to raise awareness of SMA.

I could go on about my whizzy head and dances we are planning and people we are having to dinner and letters I need to write, but I don't want to bore you... I'm off to bed... I'm away to shut down my whizzy head...

No comments: