Friday, December 31, 2010

Ne'er's Eve

"New Year's Eve is like every other night: there is no pause in the march of the universe; no breathless moment of silence among created things that the passage of another twelve months may be noted; and yet no man has quite the same thoughts this evening that come with the coming of darkness and other nights."
Hamilton Wright Mabie


For me Ne'er is a time of reflection.
It always has been.
It has never really been about the celebration,
But more a time
To pause
&
Reflect.
On the past
and to
the future.

I do not know what the coming year has to offer me, my family or my friends.

But, I do know that whatever should happen in the coming year we will cope - with the love and support of others carrying us and our own love binding us strongly together.

I do know that I will have the strength to do as much as I am able to do for my family and friends for they are my life.

I do know that I will find my sense of purpose and direction. 

And I know
That I will dream again...
And aspire...
And hope...

So...  As 2010 draws to a close I remember
the happy times,
the sad times
and the love that has carried us through them...

May 2011 be full of love and laughter and happiness; whatever it may bring...

No comments: