Friday, December 24, 2010

"Twas the night before Christmas"

Midnight is approaching;
Santa is coming.
The girls are asleep.

The shop has been built -
I wonder what they will sell?
The brussel sprouts deconstructed
Heston style.

David is wrapping presents.
I can hear the sellotape..
And me?
I'm sitting here
Thinking.

I have frequently been asked
"What's on your Christmas List?"
And I haven't been able to reply.
How do I ask for a miracle?
For Eilidh to be free of SMA...
I can't.
And the tears fall...

I don't want much for Christmas:
Peace in my heart;
Love for my family;
And joy.

A woodpecker in the garden
Would be a blessing too.
The woodpecker graces our family
From time to time
Wherever we may be.

I guess that I'll have to be patient
And wait & see
If she appears.
Or perhaps she's already here...

May your Christmas be merry and bright
And may all your dreams ( and miracles... ) come true in the coming year
xxx

No comments: