Friday, January 14, 2011

6 years...

6 years...

Traditionally Sugar and Iron,
With a Modern twist of Wood,
and a Hint of Love and Modicum of Reminiscence,
Means that
Today is our
Wedding Anniversary!


"I have found the one whom my soul loves"
Song of Solomon 3:4
Amidst the chaos of this morning's rush
cards were opened,
tears shed and
"I love you so much..."s exchanged. 
A momentary kiss and
whoooosh they were gone...

"Happy Anniversary"

Our wedding day was, quite simply THE best day of my life...

I knew deep in my heart that this was the right thing to do: I had no doubts, no hesitations.  I was at peace with the decision that I had made and was walking towards a wonderful future with D, the man whom my soul loves.

We took vows that day:

"To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do us part"

And here we are, six years on, and those vows still resonate strongly; probably more so now than ever as we have struggled with the most difficult year of our marriage.  But we are growing stronger and our love for each other is surely the foundation of this strength.

Our anniversary cards go some way to convey our  feelings: we sometimes struggle with finding the right words and use the words of others as a starting point.  This year's cards are so very poignant...

From me to D:

"I love you,
I love you with a love
that will not die
till the sun grows cold
and the stars grow old"
William Shakespeare
From D to me:

"If
you find yourself
in jail,
a good friend will be trying to bail you out.

a best friend
will be in the cell
next to you saying
'damn that was fun!'"

Anthony Lopez

Yes, this year has been difficult, but damn! we've had some fun along the way;
Together, with love as our foundation.

I love you so very, very much, D.
Now,
Always

&
Forever more...

1 comment:

Mrs T said...

Sugar, iron and wood.......
very fitting for your marriage and relationship. sweet, strong and growing together as you carve your way through the journey of life working around the obstacles. love you both to bits xxxx