Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Ups & Downs...

Highs...
&
Lows...

Eilidh's fairy godmummy had a
baby
girl
this morning -
whooooopeeeeeeeeee!

I am so,
so,
so very
excited for the
new
mummy
and
daddy!

She
(yes, a she...an unexpected
little baby girl)
arrived nearly
3 weeks early
after a trip to triage
and
a curry!

Welcome to the world, beautiful baby girl!

I cannot wait to hold you
&
cuddle you
and show you this
World
that has been
blessed
by your arrival
and I promise
to help
protect
you from the
worst of weathers

xxx


On the flip side,
the oh-so-low flip side,
we heard today that we ARE both carriers
for SMA:
it's hit me harder than I expected -
probably because I am so very broody -
and I cried huge tears of sadness.
The loss I feel;
the opportunity
for a.n.other child,
a bigger family -
it all becomes so much harder now...
I was so, so, so very silly to think
that we could be one of
the 2% of cases where only 1 of us is a carrier...
Oh! to be optimistic....


But today is not the day to sit and dwell,
For a new baby has been born.
An ever radiant possibility
Upon this earth...

Hello, little one
and
congratulations to your mummy and daddy
xxx

No comments: