Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Lady & a Duchess

Duchess of Bedford


I whiled away the afternoon with the lovely Lady of Camptoun and a Duchess of Bedford

Life was good.

I was content and the violet hour stumbled upon us:

When anything was possible...



"This is the violet hour, the hour of hush and wonder, when the affections glow again and valor is reborn, when the shadows deepen magically along the edge of the forest and we believe that, if we watch carefully, at any moment we may see the unicorn."
Bernard DeVoto


Now that I am a Lady(of Leisure) who does lunch and afternoon tea occasionally,  I will be honest and tell you about how I met the Duchess of Bedford...

It was with another Lady Muse - a dabbler in afternoon tea and, when in need, cocktails, and purveyor of all things fine - while we were out one evening partaking in some therapy. 

The Lady Muse and I stumbled across the truly floral and sublime Duchess - a blend of  the wonderful cucumber and rose botanicals of Hendrick's Gin, a tincture of Earl Grey Tea, fresh lemon juice, maraschino and St. Germain elderflower liqueur - while at The Blysthwood Hotel... 

Simply Divine!
And highly recommended...

And thank you to Lady of Camptoun and Lady Muse...
Thank you for sharing the violet hours with me.








No comments: