Friday, February 25, 2011

Today



Today is a big day.
The last day of being a GP Partner.
{Big sigh of relief}
Thank Goodness...

I haven't worked in just under a year.
I walked out wondering whether I would be back
But never did I expect the events
Of the last year.

I have had my fair share to contend with
Over the last 12 months:
Post-Natal Depression;
Low confidence;
Increasing anxiety;
Eilidh's Diagnosis;
And so much more that I can not and will not open up to public view...

I haven't been able to give any of myself to my Job.
And if that wasn't possible then there is no way that I could give my all to my patients;
The reason I am in Medicine is to care for my patients and do my best by them
And I wouldn't have been able to do so.


This year has been about my family,
finding my inner strength
and holding my loved ones close.
Things have been put in perspective...


So, what next?
I'm not sure...
I need to take some time to see what is right for all of us...
My family is all that truly matters...

No comments: