The story of a whizzy-wheeled home: full of life and laughter, and written with a whole lot of love, a touch of grace and bucket fulls of hope.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Gallery - My Koru

Quick!
Home from work and I'm off for a wander, keen to revisit Tara's Gallery where the theme this week is "Green" - see you there...






my jade koru






a fern frond unfolds
the perpetual movement
of new life afresh





This photo is of my jade koru necklace from New Zealand.  New Zealand is my spiritual home - the place I have, in the past, often run to when my life has been upside down.

A koru is a spiral shape based on the shape of a new unfurling silver fern frond and symbolizing new life, growth, strength and peace.  The circular shape of the koru helps to convey the idea of perpetual movement while the inner coil suggests a return to the point of origin. 

My koru takes me back in an instant to the Land of the Long White Cloud,  Aotearoa, and its verdant landscape.  It reminds me very much of spring and of new and abundant life. 

More importantly though my necklace reminds me that we are all continually growing and moving forward and yet always returning to the true essence of who we are for we are central to this journey we are on.

It's spring time, the sun is shining and new life is beginning - how very, very exciting!



Take a look at the other Gallery exhibits here

6 comments:

Fiona Erlandsen said...

Your necklace is beautiful, and what it symbolises

rachgrif said...

A lovely necklace and great idea for your 'green' post. Love the concept behind it - newlife, growth, strength and peace :)

dawniebrown said...

That's a beautiful necklace, I love green but don't actually own any jade!

If I Could Escape . . . said...

What a beautiful necklace and love the story behind it.

SAHMlovingit said...

A beautiful necklace and I love what it symbolises to you. A great idea for your green post.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and your lovely comments on my Northern Lights pictures :)

ever hopeful mummy said...

thank you for popping by to visit touch & tickle and taking the time to comment!