Thursday, June 16, 2011

Diary Days





I started "diary"ing again last year.
The Duchess of Bedford gifted the diary to me:
"Within these pages: a space to call your own".
And it has proven to be my space where my written word endures.



My diary is "something for me" amidst the chaos and discombobulation of life, offering a sense of freedom which I crave.  My writing is about me. Writing is my place to escape to, a sanctuary in the turmoil and I love it there!  I enjoy the writing, the words, the language - but maybe not the grammar or punctuation!


I never believed that I could write well but, realising now that my writing is for me, it doesn't need to be perfect...  Nor does it need anyone else's validation (I only realise this now after taking my blog live!).

 

My writing isn't about my creating memoirs but about life very much in the here and now:  it's about being mindful...



So... if my writing is for me, why am I sharing it?  Because I would like to be able to reach out and help others going through a similarly hard time so that they don't feel so alone and lost.  Now, understanding this, I ask myself "Should I share those early diary days here?".  I have reservations because the early days were dark days...  And yet, as I type this I answer the question myself...  I should share those times because those were the exact moments when I felt my most alone and needed to reach out to someone, anyone, to connect and know that what I was feeling was normal...

My decision?  I'll post a few of the early diary days - or at least snippets of them - not for sympathy or for validation but to share with those who might stumble across my blog in the future, crying out for contact and help...  I hope that they help...





4 comments:

this is us said...

I think that's such a lovely reason to share your diary....there are many people out there struggling with the type of things you are who I think would find comfort in your blog. Nat

No Discernible Talent said...

You write beautifully and with such courage - I think Nat is right that others will find comfort in your writing. I look forward to reading more of your moving blog x

Emma said...

I think that's a very selfless thing to do. As well as helping other people, looking back it might also help you realise how far you have come together, and how strong you are now. Emma x

Romi and Bob said...

I agree that sharing your thoughts does have the potential to help others. I think writing is a very freeing thing and its also has the capacity to heal and help you and others to connect with what they are feeling.
Could you email me, so I have your email address and can send you mine. I tried to email you on here, but was unable to. My email is tracynko@yahoo.co.uk. xxx