Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Can you juggle?







 
I seem to be juggling at the moment - or spinning plates as Dr Knickerboker might say!  There are too many balls up in the air and they are ready to fall to the ground at a moment's notice, with only me to keep them up.  I don't like this lack of control and the uneasiness that it brings; there is a sense of panic and impending failure...  The little voice inside quietly but clearly is stuck on repeat: "I can't do this.  I can't do this.  I can't so this."  At the moment I can calm her and bring some peace to her fretful life; for I am stronger than her.  I can only hope for control, for the juggling to become like second nature, for our home life to settle and for my confidence to grown at work.  It's too soon to let the balls fall colourfully and spectacularly to the ground...  I remind myself that this work-life balance is for me and for my family.  I am proud of myself and I am immensely proud of what we are achieving as a family with love as our foundation;  I just need to remind myself, on repeat, over and over and over again...