Tuesday, November 01, 2011

"it's a new dawn"










it hit me one night a couple of weeks ago that i can no longer listen to my favourite song.  i was lying in bed, listening to a random selection of songs, trying to capture sleep.  gregory porter came on and silent tears fell; then and there i realised "feeling good" is no longer me.  "it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life" and all of the positivity these words embrace don't seem to apply to my day-to-day anymore.  the image of "butterflies all having fun" conjures up a carefree attitude - an attitude i embraced in years gone by which now feels unachievable... and as i fell into a gentle slumber that night, i so wished that i could "sleep in peace when the day is done"...  perhaps it just wasn't the right time to be listening to the song and yet through the years it has helped me over and over again to see the positive side of life and to enjoy the moment.  perhaps it's time to find a new song to guide me in my new life, inspiring my new normal; but until i find that song - whatever it may be! -  it's back to john denver i'm afraid...