Monday, December 26, 2011

The 7 Santas of Christmas Day




This Christmas I cooked for seven hungry mouths, each one grateful for the company of their family, each one thankful for the food that was placed in front of them.

For the first time in forty-four years, my amazing mother-in-law had her Christmas meal cooked for her: I think (and hope!) that we all took pleasure from her enjoyment of the occasion for she truly deserves to be cared for and waited on.  I didn't even make her wash the dishes...

As we sat down to eat and pull crackers and race Santas, I was again reminded of the importance of family - family is everything.  Each and every day, no matter the occasion, whether it be an ordinary day or Christmas Day, family is everything.  Yesterday was no exception; I was so very blessed to be sharing my day with my beautiful family.









“What is Christmas?  It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.  It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.”

Agnes M. Pharo

No comments: