Monday, January 09, 2012

Comments please...



Having struggled with Blogger Comments and now with Intense Debate I've decided to go back to Blogger, but sadly this means that I've lost all of my previous comments...


These comments are important to me because the majority of them have been from two lovely ladies who have been of great support since they discovered Touch & Tickle: Emma and Rachel you have listened to my woes and encouraged me through some difficult times - it may not have felt like you have done anything special, but believe me, you have lifted me high with your words.

We all search for comments, whether they be validating, inspiring, uplifting or humbling. We look for advice, support and friendship. Today I have realised, for me, it's about sharing my experience and knowing that I am not alone and hoping that I can also be there for others.


Leaving comments is like starting up a friendship - you will be selective, you will know who and when to reach out to someone, there may be instant "chemistry" or common interests.  And then the hard work begins: you need to work at the friendship, you need to be genuine and sincere in the comments you make, you need to share experiences, and you need to be prepared to give back a little of your self, too. Then, perhaps and hopefully, in time, a friendship may blossom and all will benefit in some way. 

So it starts with a single comment...
Where will you leave comment today? 
Who can you reach out to?
Who will you befriend?






4 comments:

Midlife Singlemum said...

First of all, thank you for your lovely mention. I was wondering what the situation was with your comments as they did seem to come and go. I always want to comment on your posts as they are always so poignant, sometimes sad but mostly insightful. Thanks for letting me into your world.

BavarianSojourn said...

Like Rachel said, thank you for the lovely mention! Likewise, thanks for all of your comments and support on my blog too! Emma xxx PS. I saw your LAB news! Great stuff!!

ever hopeful mummy said...

you're both welcome... and emma, thank you for the gentle nudge towards LAB...
have now adopted the "pop-up box" comment system - someone recommended that this cause less problems than the embedded system... we'll see xx

Di said...

Hi there..... It's me, Di, from The Bright Side of Life!! ;)
I do agree, having people comment on blog posts is lovely. The blogging world is like having a modern day equivalent of pen friends.
Quess what??? I come from New Zealand, although haven't made a pavlova in years!!!