Sunday, February 05, 2012

My Charleston Girl




My Charleston Girl:
My confidant,
My best friend,
My life saver.



I have known her since university and she keeps me sane - which is a pretty tall order really! 
She knows everything about me and loves me anyway.

I've wanted to introduce her for a long, long time but it took a while to find a pseudonym for her - a pseudonym that was so "her"!  I hope that she likes it... please tell me if you don't, Charleston Girl!

She is beautiful and stylish, a wearer of pearls. 
She is sassy and bolshy and provocative, too. 
I love her speakeasy where the gin runs freely- a real home from home!
She's a true prohibitions Charleston Girl and I love her from the bottom of my heart.

She is always there for me - even when I am sobbing in the aisles of tesco! - and I know that she always will be.  I really, truly couldn't ask for a better friend.  If I could, I'd marry her - but I have a feeling we would still need another wife to look after us!

So, Charleston Girl - I love you!
Thank you for being there for me:
Thank you for being you.
xxx















pinterest



"good friends are like stars. 
you don't always see them,
but you know they're always there."

old saying





2 comments:

BavarianSojourn said...

Here's to good friends. You can't beat them! :) xx

ever hopeful mummy said...

good friends just "get you" don't they? no questions asked. they no when "fine" isn't what you mean...