The story of a whizzy-wheeled home: full of life and laughter, and written with a whole lot of love, a touch of grace and bucket fulls of hope.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Extreme Close Up - The Gallery




gerbera by me


This week at The Gallery - over at Sticky Fingers - it is all up close and personal.  I love being up close, especially to flowers and have many a photo of a flower, in every colour way you wish to choose.  While browsing through my files, knowing which photo I was going to pick, I came across this one and decided that "this is it!" - the one I want to share - a gerbera in back and white, all up close and personal. 

But then I looked up to above the desk and saw the canvas of the photo I was originally going to post: I couldn't leave it out, now could I?




pop tulips by me












24 comments:

saveeverystep said...

Gerbera for me, every time. They are such simple but stunning flowers, even in black & white!

Emily said...

Wow you are a bit good at photography aren't you?!! x

Mother Hen said...

I grew them in the garden last summer, love them.

Kelloggsville said...

Both stunning pictures

Shell Louise said...

Wow they're wonderful photos :)

Jacq said...

I did flowers too. I love the gerbera!

Notmyyearoff said...

i love Gerberas. Love the colour on the second pic, very vibrant!

brinabird said...

I love the Gerbera! And that red just pops out at you! Great shots.

h0peful mummy said...

thank you for the lovely comments - gerberas aren't my favourite or my best but i like their simplicity.

@emily - i take a good photo once in a while - you should see the ones that don't make the cut! it's all about practise - and taking your camera everywhere with you - you never know when a photo opportunity will arise

bluebirdsunshine said...

I love the B&W gerbera, beautiful shot. Flowers take ona whole new dimension when they're shot in B&W and this is so true with your gerbera pic.

Mummy2five said...

Beautiful images

Keith (kcm) said...

Like the tulips!

Would Like To Be a Yummy Mummy said...

Gorgeous pics :-)

HelpfulMum said...

Gorgeous pictures. I love the way that tulips look so beautiful both open and closed.

Di said...

Love your pictures..... :)

The Foreigner said...

Love that both flowers come in every colour imaginable, but I especially love the softness of the gerbera in the foreground.

h0peful mummy said...

thank you again for all your lovely comments - tulips are probably my favourite flower and @helpfulmum you're right, they are beautiful in every phase of their "life"

Emma said...

Beautiful, the pair of them! :)

cheetahsinmyshoes said...

both gorgeous!

Lou said...

Lovely photos

Lou:-)

Ginger said...

Both photos are beautiful but I really love the gerbera.

MrsT said...

I think you have your photography mojo back! :)

Sarahmumof3 said...

wow beautiful i love the tulips! Stunnign photo!

KARA said...

Wow gorgeous pictures, I love flower pictures