The story of a whizzy-wheeled home: full of life and laughter, and written with a whole lot of love, a touch of grace and bucket fulls of hope.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Inspire!

Yesterday I found out that I have been shortlisted for the Inspire! Category of the BiB Brilliance in Blogging Awards hosted by Britmums.  Over a period of three weeks 12,000 nominations were collected and Touch & Tickle is one of the final twenty to go forward to the public vote before the finalists are announced in May.

I am so pleased to blog amongst some totally awesome bloggers and to be listed with nineteen other inspirational blogs, But what I am most pleased about is that I am hopefully helping to raise awareness of Spinal Muscular Atrophy, a genetic condition that effects 100 babies a year, our daughter Eilidh being one of them.


So, if Touch & Tickle is inspirational, then who is my inspiration? 

Simple!  

First and foremost,  my daughters who constantly teach me about the beautiful world we live in and how to live in that world with a pet dragon called Snappie by your side.   Secondly, the amazing mums who I have met while writing for The Special Needs Showcase at Love All Blogs; they demonstrate the greatest love, courage and strength in their day to day lives and this shines through in their writing.  Together these people inspire and encourage me to continue blogging and that's why this blog exists - and if you want to know more about why I blog, you'll find a wee intro here.  



If I inspire you, or if you want to raise awareness of Spinal Muscular Atrophy, or if you want to raise awareness of life with a child with special needs, then please take the time to vote for Touch & Tickle.  In voting for Touch & Tickle you are voting for me and for the people who inspire me every day to do better and be better.  So please, vote for Touch & Tickle here and here's a big thank you! to those of you who do.



Finally, here are the final 20 - go on, grab a cup of coffee and be Inspired!  You know you want to; it'll be worthwhile...


 A Boy with Asperger’s
 BabyCalm
 Crystal Jigsaw
 Doing It All For Aleyna
 Downs Side Up
 HerMelness Speaks…
 Typecast
 Kate On Thin Ice
 Little Green Blog
 LLM Calling
 Mummy Pink Wellies
 Mummy Whisperer
 Not Even a Bag of Sugar
 Red Ted Art
 The Iota Quota
 The Real Supermum Blog
 Touch and Tickle
 Tricky Customer
 Walking with Angels
 Was This in the Plan?






p.s. There is also still time to nominate Touch & Tickle in the Most Inspirational MAD Blog Category over at The MADS 2012, but I don't want to be seen as being greedy...

5 comments:

BavarianSojourn said...

Congratulations, you deserve it! I am so pleased you climbed aboard the Loveallblogs train as well :)

h0peful mummy said...

em, you and rachel have kept me going :) so i should really thank you both too xxx so THANK YOU!

Midlife Singlemum said...

Well, I've been inspired by your story and your blog so it's an apt award. Congratualtions!

BavarianSojourn said...

Me too Rachel!! Thanks for all your blog support as well Mrs (and you R!)! :) xxx

h0peful mummy said...

am feeling the bloggy love, r and e
xx