Monday, April 23, 2012

Better




A text to a friend:
"BTW next week. I'm feeling better"

"feeling better"
in a more excellent way?
higher in quality?
improved?
or fully recovered?

just a wee bit better I think; a little improved.
and then I saw this definition of "better" in a (brilliant!) book that I am reading:



"better, adj and adv.


Will it ever get better?
It better.
Will it ever get better?
It better.
Will it ever get better?
It better"



perfectly describing the endless cycle of questioning myself and being hopeful that things will improve; perfectly describing my state of mind; perfectly describing my "feeling better"...







2 comments:

BavarianSojourn said...

That book sounds nice. Have added it to my kindle list. Hope you're well (:

h0peful mummy said...

emma, the book is great - a little short and perhaps not worth the cost of a book as each definition has a page, but i thoroughly enjoyed it and it even taught me a few new words...