Sunday, May 20, 2012

May I Introduce...




May I introduce to you...

drum roll please...

miss flopsy doodle-dandy and  miss bella bear !

who are infamous to say the least, 
each with their own twin, 
and very much loved and cuddled members of our family...









More than 1 in 3 of us still sleeps with a soft toy as we cuddle down to sleep at night.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I sleep with these adorable and beautiful duo and have done now for two years.  Flopsy doodle-dandy came into our bed two years ago tonight; I brought her in with the hope the I would find comfort, security and a sense of peace. Flopsy, I hoped, was to be my saviour as I reached new depths of despair.  Now, just like my children who sleep  with their own original Flopsy and Bella too, I seek the softness of their bodies as I find my peaceful slumber, as I turn in bed I reach for them - I find some peace with them close by.

Two years ago today we found out that our future was about to change; we didn't know the details, we didn't have a diagnosis, but all was not as we hoped for Eilidh.  We were to have a week without answers, a week of darkness and despair, and all we had to hold on to was each other and flopsy doodle-dandy and bella bear too.







No comments: