Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Nature Heals





“Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in where nature may heal and cheer and give strength to the body and soul.” 
John Muir









We were all in need of an escape on Sunday. Fresh air, a nip to the breeze and nature in it's finest.  We danced and frolicked and chased and laughed.  And in the quiet moments I drew delight in all that surrounded me, from the smallest bud to the most colourful tree, returning home refreshed and ready to tackle the day.  I so often forget the power of fresh air and open spaces; I forget that I am a country girl at heart - nature nurtures my soul.






4 comments:

Midlife Singlemum said...

Amen to the first bit and I totally agree with the last bit. Re the in-between bit, I'm glad you had such an invigorating day out in the fresh air. Beautiful photos.

Di said...

I am glad that you enjoyed it... sounds like a very restful experience.

h0peful mummy said...

thank you, rachel and di - isn't it amazing how easy it is to forget the simple things in life?

BavarianSojourn said...

Gorgeous post, and wonderful pictures. You are very talented at taking pics Mrs! :)