Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bea








Bea is lying in intensive care. Unconscious and her breathing being assisted by a ventilator. She is resting as her body heals. I pray that she gets better, that she gets stronger, that she can soon be back to her cheeky, gorgeous, ice-cream loving self.  I ask that her mummy and daddy find the strength I know they have to sit and watch her overnight, knowing that they love her whole heartily and abundantly, but realising that, sometimes, love alone is not enough to heal.
You see, we know Bea.  She is the same age as Eilidh.  She has SMA II.  Bea became independent in a Panthera and graduated to doughnuts in a Snapdragon, too.  Tonight, for the first time in our seemingly parallel SMA journeys, I can not imagine what Andrew and Amy are going through and my heart aches for them. As I held Eilidh close, kissing her as she fell asleep, my thoughts and prayers were with Bea – be strong, Bea for SMA is a cruel disease but she does not define you.  Be strong.

Please keep Bea and her family in your thoughts and prayers tonight, pray that she gets better and that her family stay strong.   

3 comments:

Midlife Singlemum said...

I will. xxx

BavarianSojourn said...

Come on little Bea, you can do it sweetie. Wishing both her and her family lots of strength, and some for you too. Hugs. Emma xx

h0peful mummy said...

thank you rachel and emma
bea is still sedated and ventilated. she has had a rather bad day today, so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers
xx