Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Graduation



Niamh graduated from nursery recently.  There she was in her hand made gown and mortar board in the front row of the Class of 2012, singing with great gusto and confidence - if a little out of tune! - and enjoying every minute of it.

Her name was the first to be called for a certificate of recognition: "Responsible Citizen" no less!  When I asked her later why she had got the certificate, she answered, "For my hard work and help in the outdoor nursery..."  I am so proud of her; proud of the little girl she is now and all that she could be.  I am in awe of my daughter - her kindness, gentleness, confidence and sense of fun - even though she drives me to despair at times...

We sang with them and we laughed as the Medley came to a close with a rousing rendition of what has become the Family Centre Anthem (based loosely on the original, I may add).  After the singing and the awards - and every child was recognised for their achievements - we mingled with other parents, eating strawberry tarts and drinking orange juice (no bubbles unfortunately...), and marvelled together in disbelief, "where has the time gone?" and "my, haven't they grown!". 

Time has moved on, my children have grown in front of my very eyes and perhaps it's time to take stock and reflect on who they are today, but for the moment it's time to say goodbye to the fun days of nursery...





1 comment:

BavarianSojourn said...

Well done Niamh! And what beautiful photographs :) x