Friday, July 06, 2012

Wise





I know a very wise woman – although I wouldn’t admit to her that I think that she is wise for she is also a formidable wee glasgae wifey…

Through the struggles of the (ongoing!) house build, a text arrived and with the little bleep came these words:

many of our fears come from fatigue”.  

The wise woman had spoken and her words spoke the truth.  

I knew that this time would pass, that the dog-gone tiredness would subside, that our house would be returned to us: but life, at that moment, felt so hard.  

There was her message and I paused, this will pass. This moment will pass; just as the clock hands move and the earth rotates around the sun, this will pass.  

I don’t often give this wise woman credit where and when it is due, but she is wise and I do love her.  

And the woman?  She's my mother-in-law; a very wise woman.

Perhaps I should listen to her more often...




2 comments:

BavarianSojourn said...

Hope everything is back to normal soon enough. And she's right you know... Very true words. Emma xx

h0peful mummy said...

thank you, emma
slowly but surely the house is returning to normal - well, our normal! - and it will just be a few more weeks before flooring goes down and furniture is moved...