Sunday, November 04, 2012

The Hummingbird








As part of the run up to the truly fabulous Create:Eat evening, we - the backers - were asked seven questions, including our name and what we do for a living, to enable Hannah to design a crest for us.



What do you LOVE to do?
be true to my values

Where is your place of origin?                                                   edinburgh

What is the centre of your world?                                               my family

If you were an animal, which one would you be?                        
a hummingbird

Tell us something that most people don't know about you.
(and now some more people know!)
i love the smell of summer rain and cut grass



So the crest above is all mine and you know what?
I love my crest. 
Why? 
Because of the hummingbird and the gentle rain that falls upon her...


I wasn't sure about what animal I would be, but I had received a card from mrs bring me sunshine months before which read: 


"the hummingbird - a bird of astonishing force and grace. A bit like yourself..."  


So I chose to be a hummingbird.  And then, just as I was coming down from the high that was the Create:Eat experience, a package arrived from sweetpea: a card from Papyrus enclosed inside, a gold hummingbird sealing the envelope and hand written words - 


"legends say that hummingbirds float free of time, celebrating our hopes for love, joy and celebration.  the hummingbird's delicate grace reminds us that life is rich, beauty is everywhere, every personal connection has meaning and that laughter is life's sweetest creation"


I chose to be a hummingbird then and I would choose to be one again, on a daily basis, reminding me over and over that life is so very precious.  So, thank you mrs bring me sunshine for bringing the hummingbird to me.  Thank you sweetpea for the sweetest words I have ever read.  And thank you hannah - the creative genius that you are-  for a crest that truly means everything to me.




No comments: