Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lullabies




sometimes a song, 
a voice,
stops you in your tracks,
inspiring you,
stirring your soul - 
your entire being -
moving you to tears
and beyond.




As I sat in my car, moments before meeting a friend, I heard a song on Radio 2 and I stopped and listened and my heart opened in such a truly magnificent way that tears sprung forth.  A lullaby from Jackie Oates' up and coming album Lullabies due out in March.  I cannot wait to hear more of her work and until Lullabies is released, I'll satisfy my curiosity with Saturnine.  If you'd like to listen to some sound clips from Lullabies, follow this link and please take a look at this wee video of Jackie - you'll be sure to fall in love with her.














1 comment:

BavarianSojourn said...

What a gorgeous voice she has! Just stunning! My Mum always sang us Golden Slumbers when we were tiny, and I sing it to my children now. Hope you are well x