Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Whindust Route

 
 
Sometimes you need to feel the air rushing past, the sun shining upon you and the sheer joy as your daughter delights in some mamma-me time...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Today was such a day.  N & I took to the open road to explore the relatively new park being developed near where we live.  The Dams to Darnley Country Park hosts seven miles of tracks for all to explore.
 
 

 
 
 
We chose the whindust route which follows the southern shores of Balgray reservoir:  with many a place to pause, there was ample opportunity to enjoy the scenery and bird life which reflects the ever changing seasons of the year.




 
 
 
We sat and chatted and raced and laughed and giggled and enjoyed our time together.  We promised to do more; to spend more time together, just the two of us, having and delighting in our mamma-me time.  And now, as I type, I promise, wholeheartedly to see my glass child shine brightly much more often than I do.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Ellen Arnison said...

I've never heard of the concept of a glass child, but it really works.

Our trials are so much smaller than yours, but with my eldest having Asperger's his younger brother (and the middle one) gets squeezed out of sight. And I worry about him.

Funnily enough we got our bikes out today too!

Midlife Singlemum said...

The park looks amazing, the weather glorious for a hike/ride and N looks so happy. A thoroughly good day imo.

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Beautiful :)