Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Dr's Review

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sometimes, no matter what, you need to keep on living; you just need to k.e.e.p o.n l.i.v.i.n.g.  Mad pills, my mad pills stabilise and provide a daily crutch for my busy and rather discombobulated life.  I have a very pragmatic attitude to taking them, after being brought to reason by my friendly, supportive doctor; which is just as well really as it's been nearly four years...  Four years - reallyI've been living with depression for four yearsWhere does the time go?
 
Ultimately, however, the mad pills, they do not change my circumstances, they do not alter the reality nor calm the storm within my mind.  Every so often my GP and I "meet" to talk about the day to day: the girls, D, work, my parents and family, and meThe ups and downs; no real change; just ticking along; living my life; breathing in and out.  In and out.
 
Breathing...  Living: it’s all I can do, trying to enjoy the moments; surviving the reality, the every day; striving for better days; finding gratitude in the littlest simplest things, for I am (and we are as a family) luckier than most and don't truly know what real hardship is, no matter how tough the day...  I just have to remind myself of this when times are tough and my mood is low...
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you want to know a little bit more about me - follow the pink links...  Grab a coffee and follow the story...
 
 
 

2 comments:

BavarianSojourn said...

Hugs lovely... as a fellow sufferer, I know how hard it can be, even if we are lucky... xx

Midlife Singlemum said...

I've been thinking about depression a lot recently as I think I may have some too, though I'd rather keep my head in the sand and call it being tired/lazy/whatever. Sending you lots of love and wishing for sunnier days for all of us. xxx