Monday, June 17, 2013

Ostrich-like Head in Sand

 
 
Where DID the saying come from;









 
 
With my head in the sand, like an ostrich, I am stumbling through these recent days.  I bump into D occasionally, his head is in the sand too, both weighed down by the day to day reality of marriage, children, life, work and disability too.  It's easier not to lift my head out; it's quiet in the sand, reality is a far off place.  I can protect myself in the sand - I can't see or hear or fear the world around me.  My feelings, my emotions quieten and anything - and everything -  is still possible.  Sometimes though I do take a risk and, momentarily, pop my head up...  It's overwhelming: life blinds me, tears fall, anger and sadness crush me and without blinking an eye I bury my head once more.  So, miss ostrich, I don't care where the phrase comes from but I understand; sometimes it's easier to keep your head in the sand...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: