Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Tooth Princess

princess by laura long




she arrived quietly one night,-
surrounded by sparkling light
and a trail of glittering fairy dust in her wake.
landing gently on the pillow,
she gazed upon niamh's smile;
there, in the darkness,
she could see one pearly white tooth
was missing; a tooth worthy of
her visit to leave,
in it's place, one gold coin
to be discovered in the morning light.




The first tooth is such a rite of passage.  My little girl is growing up and I marvel at the changes that seem to occur over night: she grows taller, her hair becomes curlier and darker, more freckles appear, her confidence grows, she tells jokes and reads a book all on her own.  The last 6 years have flown passed and I love her more each day; she brings so much joy to our family.



 

4 comments:

Ellen Arnison said...

Lovely. X

BavarianSojourn said...

How lovely! :) x

Midlife Singlemum said...

Awwwww, I melted when I read this. Such a simple rite of passage and yet so significant.

h0peful mummy said...

hello, lovelies
yes, it is rather a cute post although I am slightly worried that the tooth princess doesn't have a mouth...