Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"I'm here to keep you floating"



Sometimes I hear lyrics which stay with me, replaying on loop, with me wondering why?   This song, to me, is about friendship and what we can offer those around us, those we love. We would do anything for them: "move the mountains for you", "keep you floating", through the good times and the bad times, through laughter and delight to heartbreak and tears. That's what friendship is about, isn't it?  The last three years have been tough (and that's a blooming understatement really!): I have seen friends come and go, I have not always been their for my friend when they have needed me, but I appreciate the friends I have in my life at this present moment and those friendships are about giving and receiving.  We are all floating along, part of something much bigger than ourselves, and it's not so daunting knowing (and hoping) that our friends are right by our side.




"Wherever you're standing, I will be by your side
Through the good, through the bad, I'll never be hard to find.
So wherever you're standing, I will be by your side
Through the good, through the bad, I'll never be hard to find"







No comments: