Friday, March 14, 2014

Whimsical Parties and Pretty Things



In honour of a true friendship I held a hen party way back in 2013.  I had the perfect theme in mind and, all in all, it turned out to be one of my favourite days of the year: surrounded by friends, cakes, prosecco and fine millinery, who could ask for more?

Mairi Brunning is a super talented milliner and I have had the pleasure of working with her on two commissions - one for Sweetpea's wedding and the other for the wedding of the Good Egg and the ever graceful Lady of Camptoun.  On both occasions Mairi was patient, creative and inspirational as we worked together to create two millinery pieces I simply adore.

I knew that Mairi had previously run a class on making beautiful fascinators so I contacted her directly and we set to work planning the day with Whimsical Hen Parties (her new exciting venture!).  The hens were ready, the afternoon tea set - with the surprise addition of divine macarons by Mademoiselle Macaron - and a table covered in colourful flowers, ribbons and just general gorgeousness awaited us.








Oh! and did I tell you that we were joined by the lovely Carolyn Hendry masquerading as Mairi's assistant?  Carolyn is a very talented lady in her own right too at Carolyn Hendry Photography - anyone need a wedding photographer?














Under Mairi's direction and supervision, and with Carolyn's assistance, the hens busied themselves in silence - with only the occasion sip of prosecco passing their lips - creating works of wearable art.  I think that everyone was stunned by the(ir) sheer natural talent, brilliance and originality of the fascinators created.










So, what did we think of Whimsical Parties?

It's a truly glorious and beautiful resounding hat's off to them!

It proved to be a great way to celebrate a Hen Party - or any celebration really! - with the opportunity to spend time with friends and be creative too; a girl couldn't ask for more!

We would highly recommend Mairi and her brilliant millinery skills.










Disclaimer:  This post was not sponsored nor did I receive any fees for writing this glowing review.  I did however hugely benefit from a fun filled few hours and I really couldn't ask for more.




2 comments:

Midlife Singlemum said...

What a brilliant idea for a girlie party. I'm at the stage where I need my arts or crafts projects to be practical. Even though I enjoy the process, I'm loathe to take home another decorative no-use item. Hats is just inspired. And I love the look of those macaroons.

h0peful mummy said...

I don't make enough time for arts or crafts and when i do it's always last minute for a gift! the macarons were delicious!