Sunday, January 18, 2015

Forty










18th January 1975
3.10pm
A Saturday, normally reserved for rugby alone and I decided to arrive...

Fast forward forty years and here I am, celebrating my fortieth birthday.

I still remember my 18th as if it was yesterday, my 21st as if it was this morning and my 30th as if it were just a moment ago...

Life and living consumes time, with all the highs and lows, and the numbers tick by.

I am grateful for every year that has passed as it is only through the passage of time that I have become the person I am today.

I'm proud of the person I am, all that I have and all that I do.  

I am the sum total of myself, my family, my friends.

As I enter this new decade, I choose to live this one wild and precious life more joyously and mindfully.  

I choose to flourish.





1 comment:

Midlife Singlemum said...

Happy birthday Sheonad. Wishing you a flourishing decade full of joy. And I look forward to sharing some of it via the blog. Btw, I love your new blog design. xxx Rachel