Wednesday, June 24, 2015

7 weeks



They have begun - the summer holidays. 
Seven whole weeks. 
49 days. 
I'm going to be brutally honest; I am dreading them. 
Many a mum has chatted excitedly about the lack of routine, the care free days, kids being kids.
The fun. The excitement.
"Enjoy the holidays!"
And inside I cry.

Seven whole weeks.
The days are not care free.
Physiotherapy - AFOs, standing frame, stretches and massage.
Transfers, lifts - bed, toilet, wheelchair, toilet, sofa, standing frame, wheelchair, and on and on...
Planning, double guessing, and planning some more.
Questions, demands, bickering.
Balancing the needs of my children, forgoing the needs of myself.
The impact, physically and emotionally, unpredictable.

I am dreading the holidays.
Anxiety is running high.
Panic that the burden will be too great, panic that I will break, lies close beneath the surface.
Seven weeks.
49 days. 
"Enjoy the holidays!"





1 comment:

Midlife Singlemum said...

I hear you and I will remember this if at any time I feel like complaining about the long holiday. Sending you lots of love. xxx